Posted on 01-Jan-2021
Basic Full Time
Training For Befrienders
$150.00Full Fee (Excluding GST)
$30.00Nett Fee After Subsidies
Grants / Subsidies
NSA Subsidy / SkillsFuture CreditLanguage
Centre For Seniors
16-Apr-2021 to 16-Apr-2021
20-May-2021 to 20-May-2021
23-Jun-2021 to 23-Jun-2021Course Duration
- 1 Day
09:00 am - 04:00 pm
01-Jan-2021 to 22-Jun-2021
Aim to equip you with befriending skills to communicate and engage elderly in the community.Knowledge and skills of a befriender in order to communicate and interact with elderly who requires social support in the community.
You will be able to:
1) carry out the role of a befriender
2) provide emotional support and use effective communication skills
3) conduct home visits with simple activities
4) manage situation and escalation process
5) provide basic information about community resources.
The Centre For Seniors manages training programmes, activities, and projects that help promote an active ageing culture in Singapore. The main goals are to advocate ageing with dignity, and fostering a society which enables seniors to continue to be gainfully employed.